Do You Trust Your Asphalt Contractor?
When it comes to an economical, long-lasting, attractive paving material, asphalt is the clear winner. Assuming that the pavement was installed correctly, it should provide you with many years of use if you maintain it properly. However, from its initial construction to its preventive maintenance, the pavement’s performance will be directly impacted by the quality of the contractor you choose. If you are wondering how to tell whether you should trust an asphalt contractor you are considering, the following pointers may help.
Do You Trust Your Asphalt Contractor? What Will a Trustworthy Asphalt Contractor Do?
There are certain practices that trustworthy asphalt contractors share. Although not all contractors will follow every practice on every job, most of them will follow several of the following practices whenever they are estimating, quoting or completing a job.
• Trustworthy paving companies treat their customers with respect. They will not fail to keep a scheduled appointment without notifying you, display annoyance if you ask a question or ignore your calls.
• Trustworthy contractors will not pressure you to sign a contract before you are ready. They will understand that you may need time to solicit other quotes or review their proposal before you commit.
• Trustworthy contractors will happily supply you with a list of references. They will give you the contact information for customers for whom they have provided work as well as the physical location of the work.
• Trustworthy asphalt companies carry workers’ compensation and liability insurance. They will not be offended if you ask for proof of coverage.
• Trustworthy contractors are willing to discuss their plans to handle traffic control, their experience, the level of experience their crew members have, the type of equipment they possess and the way that they maintain their equipment.
• Trustworthy contractors will explain why they prefer certain materials for your job. They know how to select the best materials for specific needs as well as the benefits and disadvantages of each material type.
• Trustworthy contractors stand behind their work. They will offer some type of warranty on their workmanship; this is typically between one and two years and is separate from the manufacturer’s warranty on the product.
• Trustworthy driveway paving contractors will evaluate your entire site. If they identify drainage problems, unstable soil or other issues, they will bring the problems to your attention.
• Trustworthy contractors will not try to sell you more than you need. For example, if the only thing wrong with your pavement is that its color has faded to a dingy gray, they will not try to convince you that you need to install an overlay if a sealcoating job might do the trick.
• Trustworthy asphalt paving contractors want you to be comfortable with them and their plans. They will want to make sure that you understand the terminology, the logic behind what they are proposing and their planned work schedule.
• Trustworthy contractors are not afraid to put everything in writing. They will give you a written contract that includes all details about your project.
If you need a trustworthy asphalt contractor, contact Driveway Sealing Call Frank. We offer an extensive list of services, including asphalt striping, sealcoating, asphalt crack sealing, asphalt paving, infrared asphalt pothole repair and concrete installation, maintenance and repair. We have established an exemplary reputation by delivering exceptional craftsmanship at competitive prices. You can call (203) 378-0080 or 1-800-DRIVEWAY to request a free estimate, or you can send in the online request form.